Breast augmentation with lift is a combined surgical procedure that changes the breast size, shape, and position for a fuller, perkier appearance. Sadly, aging, weight loss, or pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause unfavorable alterations to the breasts. An augmentation with lift can reverse the course of nature and rejuvenate the appearance of your chest.
Dr. Gregory M. Fedele helps patients improve their confidence by enhancing their appearance with a personalized approach. Dr. Fedele can insert the patient’s implants of choice while also resculpting the breast mounds and positioning the newly enhanced breasts in a more flattering height on the chest. And, a breast augmentation and a breast lift can be performed during the same surgical session. Take the first step in realizing an optimized breast profile with a consultation with Dr. Fedele in Beachwood, OH. Or, kindly contact us at (216) 464-1616 to speak to one of our helpful staff members.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About Breast Augmentation
- 3 Breast Augmentation and Lift Incision Techniques
- 4 About Breast Lift
- 5 Benefits
- 6 Candidates
- 7 Your Personal Consultation with Dr. Fedele
- 8 Preparation
- 9 Procedure
- 10 Recovery
- 11 Results
- 12 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 13 Cost
- 14 FAQ
- 15 References
Before and After Photos
About Breast Augmentation
This regularly performed surgery has helped many women achieve a natural look for their breasts. However, it is important to know the specifics of your treatment. A consultation with Dr. Fedele will discuss the following in detail:
Saline or Silicone
Silicone shelled implants contain saline (saltwater), while saline implants use silicone gel.  Both are safe and each has their own distinct advantages. Saline implants can be inserted into the breast cavity and filled to the patient’s specifications. Conversely, silicone implants are prefilled with a gel meant to mimic the natural weight and feel of breast tissue.
Deciding on the right size for your new look is measured in cubic centimeters or cc’s, not by cup or bra size. Dr. Fedele has an assortment of implant sizers for you to try on for a convenient way to see what amount of volume you prefer.
The two types of breast implant shapes are round and teardrop. Both provide their own unique advantage in shaping your breasts. 
- Round Breast Implants: These are the most popular option among patients and it provides an overall fullness and lift to the profile.
- Teardrop Breast Implant: These are shaped like a teardrop to emulate the breast’s natural sloping contour, and ideal for women who want a more subtle, realistic effect.
Breast Augmentation and Lift Incision Techniques
Dr. Fedele will employ the incision technique that best accommodates the implant that you’ve selected, and removes redundant tissue. All incisions are discreetly placed in their respective locations to minimize visible scars. Common approaches to augmentation with lifts include incisions that encircle the areola. Excess skin can be removed from around the areola to lift the entire breast mass. In many cases, the incision continues from the bottom of the areola down the center of the breast to the inframammary crease. This allows Dr. Fedele more access to the breast cavity, and the opportunity to remove tissue sufficient for a dramatic improvement in the projection of the breasts. This is often referred to as a lollipop incision. For women needing more intensive lifting or who want to accommodate larger implants, Dr. Fedele may use an anchor incision. This uses the same incisions as the lollipop technique, but an additional incision is made along the inframammary crease below each breast for even greater lifting capabilities.
About Breast Lift
Also known as a mastopexy, a breast lift improves the breast shape by eliminating redundant skin and placing the nipple and areola higher, perkier position on the breast mound.  Dr. Fedele will then shape the remaining breast tissue into optimal contours.
Patients electing to undergo this procedure will see dramatic results in their breast appearance. Corrections to the overall volume and projection of the breast can elevate a woman’s profile, and her self-confidence. Other benefits include:
- Reduced redundant or stretched skin
- Breasts and areolas are relocated to a higher, more youthful position
- Enhanced breast shape, size, and symmetry
- Increased wardrobe choices
Healthy women wanting to revamp the look of their breasts are great candidates for a breast augmentation with lift. For those who have noticed a change in their profile and want to take action, this procedure can reverse the effects of aging, weight fluctuations, or pregnancy. Ideal candidates are:
- In good overall health and free of certain underlying conditions
- A non-smoker or willing to stop temporarily
- Experiencing significant breast ptosis (sagging)
- At the end of their childbearing journey
If you want to add some vibrancy to your bust line, then consider breast augmentation with lift. Dr. Fedele has provided countless patients with outstanding results. So, take the first step by scheduling your consultation at our office in Beachwood, OH. You can also reach us at (216) 464-1616.
Your Personal Consultation with Dr. Fedele
Dr. Gregory Fedele is a highly renowned plastic surgeon equipped with an extensive background in general and plastic surgeries. For nearly 20 years, he has provided the Cleveland Metropolitan area with outstanding results in a tranquil, relaxing environment.
During your personal consultation with Dr. Fedele, you will have the chance to discuss your desired aesthetic, and learn more about your options. Your expectations and an examination of the current condition of your skin elasticity and breast tissue will determine whether this would be an effective treatment for you. We’ll recommend the best options for your ideal new bust line, and devise a treatment plan and surgical approach that will deliver optimal results.
A few essential steps are needed to complete before your surgery date. They include:
- Avoid smoking a few weeks before your procedure and throughout your recovery process. Doing so may compromise the course of your surgery and delay your recovery.
- Ask someone to pick you up from our office because the effects of anesthesia will impair your ability to drive.
- Adjust intake of certain prescription drugs because they may cause bleeding.
- Pick up any prescribed pain medication or antibiotics ordered by Dr. Fedele before your surgery.
- Plan to take 1-2 weeks off from work to recover.
You will be given general anesthesia to ensure your comfort throughout the process. Dr. Fedele will begin by making the aforementioned incision technique and placing the implant choice determined at your consultation. All incisions made are discreetly made to reduce their appearance. Then, Dr. Fedele will securely insert the implant into the breast pocket. Excess skin is removed and shaped into a flattering contour.  Once complete, the incisions are neatly sutured closed. The entire process takes place within two hours.
You’ll be free to return home after your successful surgery ends. Your chest will be wrapped in compression garments, and you will need to wear a support bra for up to six weeks to encourage ideal results.  During the first week after surgery, you will feel swelling, bruising, and tenderness. Be sure to take the prescribed medication for comfort. In a week, you should be able to perform light desk work and activities. More strenuous movements can resume in 6 weeks. In two months, you should be able to resume all normal activities.
Depending on the details of your procedure, you may notice a more flattering contour immediately after your surgery. Your final results will gradually emerge in the weeks ahead. In a few months, your new implants will have adjusted to their new position and shape, the swelling will diminish, and the bruising will dissipate. Scars will soften and fade. Your results are long-lasting and can be prolonged by avoiding weight fluctuations and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Dr. Fedele is pleased to offer patients other forms of breast enhancements. They include:
- Breast Augmentation: Women looking to correct the shape and size of the breast can do so with synthetic implants. Augmentation can be done as a standalone procedure, or be combined with a breast lift.
- Breast Implant Removal: This surgery removes implants that were placed during a previous breast augmentation. Women undergo this procedure to be free of breast implants that have caused dissatisfaction, discomfort, or other health concerns.
- Breast Lift: This surgical method also works as a standalone procedure to treat breast ptosis. It removes excess skin and contours the profile for a natural-looking, youthful appearance.
- Breast Reconstruction: Reconstruction surgery rebuilds the shape and contours of the breast following a mastectomy. The process involves using analogous tissue, implants, or a combination of the two to restore the shape of the breast.
- Breast Reduction: Provides relief from back, shoulder, neck problems caused by oversized breasts. The procedure reduces breast volume by removing excess breast tissue while lifting and shaping the breasts for a natural look.
- Male Breast Reduction: Men who have gynecomastia, or excess fat or glandular tissue in the chest can have it surgically removed. The reduction removes excess skin and forms the chest into a flatter, more masculine appearance.
Your breast augmentation with lift is a highly customized procedure that follows the specifications agreed upon by you and Dr. Fedele during your personal consultation. You’ll be given an accurate quote for your surgical enhancements at that time. Or, you can give our offices a call at (216) 464-1616 to learn more. Check out our financing page to see how to pre-qualify for CareCredit and easily fund your procedure.
Both do make changes to the appearance of the breast, but they are two different procedures. A lift removes excess skin to tighten and form an ideal shape for the breast. The lift also relocates the breast and areola to a higher position on the chest. An augmentation procedure merely concentrates on increasing the size of the breast by using synthetic implants. However, they can both be performed during the same surgical session.
- Adams, W. P., & Mallucci, P. (2012). Breast Augmentation. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, 130(4), 597e611e. https://doi.org/10.1097/prs.0b013e318262f607
- Ramanadham, S. R., & Rose Johnson, A. (2020). Breast Lift with and without Implant: A Synopsis and Primer for the Plastic Surgeon. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Global Open, 8(10), e3057. https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000003057